Thursday 22 July 2010

Elfin

This is Elfin by Woolly Wormhead from her inspirational Wee Woolly Toppers book.
I made the biggest size, 6-12 months, thinking it would be fun for a little boy when he grows a bit.
I love the way the colours merge into each other (ah, the magic of Noro), although again there was some minor colour selection from me.

It's a great shape, and should keep a little head warm.

I'd recommend this pattern. It's a quick and easy knit in a 1x1 rib, with some clever decreasing (to account for the rib) at the crown. I really love Woolly Wormhead's hats. She a genius in headgear! I've also made Buzzbee from the same book before, and have my eye on some more, Tubey and Doodie amongst others.
I'm sure it will look much better when it's on a head, I'm afraid the grapefruit I tried to photograph it on just wasn't cutting it!


No comments: