Friday 2 April 2010

Twit Twoo

I needed some quick gratification last night, so I knitted up this little fella. It was a kit that my Mum gave me for Christmas from The White Company. I loved making it, and it's turned out really well.

The only modification I made was to knit the owl in the round, which I finished off with a three-needle bind-off.

Sewing on the felt parts was fun.

It's basically a striped tube. As I was making it in the round it was a good opportunity to practise jogless stripes. Here's the inside, which looks neat and tidy.

This shows the jogless stripes from the outside. You just slip purlwise the first stitch on the second round of each new colour, then knit the round as normla, though most of you will probably know that. It doesn't look too bad, but it's far from perfect, and I would really have to work on my tension if I was making a garment, where it really mattered as I tend to pull each round very tight to avoid holes, resulting in pulled fabric. Still, it's better than the zig-zags you get with normal jogs.

Compare it to the other side, which is perfect, because of the absence of jogs.


No comments: