Sunday 7 March 2010

Weekend Activity

This is my Birthday painting from my wonderful Dad, "Across the Moray Firth from Culein", which is on the coast not far from my parents (they live inland). We've hung it temporarily in the bedroom where there's already a hook, while we work out where it looks best. Isn't it beautiful?
Did I mention that my Mum gave me some great buttons? Here they are: 5 cats...
... and a little mouse!

Last night we had our friends round for dinner. On Friday night DH completed a butchery course at the Ginger Pig, a very upmarket butcher in Marylebone High Street, which was his Christmas present from me. He really enjoyed himself, and came back armed with lots of beef. So we thought we'd take the opportunity to offer it up for our friends.

I'm afraid I neglected to photograph the exceptional Boeuf Bourguignon with celeriac mash that he made, but here's the crab that later went on crostini that we shared around before we sat down at the table.

According to Chef DH, basically you mix crab meat with diced, de-seeded tomato, parsely, lemon juice, capers and chopped artichoke, season then serve on toasted slices of ciabatta. Bliss.


We followed up with cheese and chocolate mousse, but it was the beef that really shone last night. So yummy x

No comments: