Saturday 6 March 2010

Tulips

Have you ever looked inside a tulip before?
I don't think I have, and yet I often admire them from the outside. They have beautiful transparent lines running up the centre of each petal, which I had never noticed before.

I love the way they're stretching out to reach the light. They look like a menorah!

These are beautiful birthday tulips from my family in a lovely new tartan vase.

This one has delicate curled edges. They're bringing back memories of painting and drawing for Higher Art and Portfolio Art at school. From the age of 15 to 17 I would literally spend every free waking moment at home sketching detailed drawings of different flowers and plants as still-lifes were a major component of the programme.


More knitting in the next post, I promise.

No comments: