Sunday 22 March 2009

Weekend Progress

Curlicue's finally finished:
I really enjoyed it, and as my first experience of lace, it wasn't too difficult. However, it took a long time to knit up and I'm definitely having a break from lace for now! Here it is being blocked. It looks a bit wonky, but take it from me, that's just the camera angle. The colour is pure oatmeal:

As soon as I'd got that blocked, I whipped up a Ripples Beret in navy-blue (my own design) for my friend Jo. It also looks much better on that off!:


And I got started on a bear (from Lovable Toys in Last Minute Hand-knitted Gifts) to match the blanket, both of which are potentially for a friend of my friend Alex, but if she doesn't like it, I'll make her a different blanket.


I'll leave you with some Spring daffodils:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's perfect! Such even stitch definition, really pretty. Looks very soft and I love the color. Your friend will find it lovely.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy, that means a lot, coming from the person who made the most perfect version!

By the way, I've been trying to leave a comment on your blog about the red stockings but I've had trouble being able to. I just wanted to let you know that I think they're fabulous. Am I too old (at 29) to wear them myself?!!