Sunday 9 May 2010

Colour Me Happy

DH dragged me to Purl Soho at their new premises (it wasn't exactly hard to get me there, but it was nice to know that he wanted to go too).
Would you look at the wall of wool? Please can I have one at home?!
It was huge, perfect, my home from home. Fabrics were at the back, and though I flirted with the idea of getting some, I managed to concentrate on yarn alone.

The staff were great, very helpful and it was all over a truly inspiring experience.

MY HAUL
Of course I broke my yarn-buying ban, but as Toad has already pointed out, it doesn't count when you're abroad. I'll take that.
Here's 7 skeins of Manos Wool Clasica in Tomato, destined for the Hourglass Sweater in what else, Last Minute Hand-knitted Gifts (Purl Soho's owner's book).

I couldn't resist a ball of Knit Collage in Cherry Blossom. I've seen photos of and read about this, and just had to give in to the urge. I may make a small cushion and back it in a floral fabric.

Can you see the little crocheted and fabric flowers that are attached, and little strands of silver. It's very girly and pretty, hand-spun of course.

I also picked up two little kits, the Japanese one for me and the penguin for my Mum. They should be fun to do (apologies again for the rotating photos).


Last of all, some little heart stitch-markers: aren't they sweet?

In Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia, I spotted my first ever knit grafitti:

And at the Frick in New York, this beautiful La Greuze painting, "The Wool Winder".


4 comments:

Petit Filoux said...

Is it silly to say I want to go back to NY just to go to Purl Soho?!

rebecca said...

Very envious, but how do you have time to blog..........

Rowan said...

You can defintely go back! I didn't know you'd been; isn't it amazing? I've been wanting to go for years.

Rebecca, my jet-lag is providing the time to blog! I can't sleep very well.

Dori said...

I've loved all three of your posts about travelling to the US. Purl Soho looks amazing! Glad to hear you had a fun time in my native country. :)