Tuesday 9 September 2008

It's finished!

The Big Bad Blanket is finally finished:





And a few more gratuitous close-up shots:

























This was actually finished last week but I had to block it on the bed at the weekend. Then my DH took the digital camera away with him on a business trip so I couldn't take a photo of it stretched and pinned.

It took about a month to complete, but I wasn't able to knit every day and my progress was sporadic. All in all, I'm very happy with it, but prefer the colours close-up where you can really see that the wool has been hand-painted, to from a distance where it has the tendency to resemble those dodgy 80's marl jumpers.

Anyhoo, if you fancy making it, the pattern's in the Stitch 'N Bitch book and there are quite a few FO's on Ravelry. It's a very easy knit and garners much satisfaction upon completion. I'm going to pack mine up and store it until it's needed by one of my friends.

So, my list of projects to be completed is as follows:

1. Secret fun present for my Sister
2. Hat for DH that he can wear to work (i.e. sombre colours) and that isn't "too rustic" in his words. I believe that means he wants a tight knit in a thin ply. Having already made one that he didn't like, that project's now on the back-burner.
3. Secret Christmas present for my Mum (so sorry can't talk about it here, but will post photos later).

No comments: